Gum sticking to hair is a common and very annoying situation, especially in children. How To Easy Team has prepared 8 different methods to the question which is “How to remove gum without cutting hair?”
how to get dried gum out of hair
Method 1 : Vaseline
- Apply vaseline on your hair where the gum is stuck.
- Leave the vaseline in your hair for 15-20 minutes.
- Then, comb your hair ,vaseline on it, with wide toothed comb and remove the gum.
- When the gum is out of your hair, wash your hair with water.
- Wash your hair with shampoo and rinse with water.
Method 2 : Oil
- Apply any oil (olive, coconut, apricot, canola, etc.) aplenty to your gum-stuck hair.
- Leave the oil you applied on your hair for 10 minutes. Gum that is stuck to the hair will dissolve gradually.
- Gradually begin to separate the strand of hair on which the gum is stuck with your hands.
- Peel the gum off the hair with your hand or a tissue.
- Once the gum comes out, shampoo and rinse your hair.
Method 3 : Ice
- First, put a tablespoon of salt in a glass of water and mix. Then soak your hair in salt water.
This method lowers the melting temperature of the ice, allowing the gum to come out of the hair faster.
- Hold the ice cube you take out from the freezer over the gum and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Gently remove the gum with your hand or a comb.
Method 4 : peanut butter
Peanut butter is the ideal method to remove gum from hair.
- Apply the peanut butter to the hair with gum attached.
You can use a toothbrush while applying, so that it does not stick to your fingers and blends quickly.
- If the gum is spread over a large area, use more peanut butter.
Our goal here is that the gum absorbs the oil in the peanut butter.
- Gently pull out the strand of hair that you have applied peanut butter with a towel or any piece of cloth. Chewing gum will come with the peanut butter.
- Finally, wash your peanut butter leftover hair with a good shampoo.
Method 5 : Lemon Juıce
- Put lemon juice and water in a bowl (you can add conditioner if you wish).
- Put the mixture in a spray bottle and spray it into your hair.
If you do not have a spray bottle, take the mixture in your palm and rub the gum on your hair.
- Comb the hair to remove gum.
- After the gum comes out, wash your hair.
Method 6 : Baking Soda
- Put a few tablespoons of baking soda in a bowl.
- Put some water on it and make it a paste.
- Cover the gum and strand with this mixture.
- Wait until the mixture dries.
- Comb out the gum.
- Wash your hair to remove excess baking soda.
Method 7 : Tooth paste
- Apply toothpaste to the hair that has stuck gum.
- Wait 5-10 minutes.
The chemicals in the toothpaste will help remove the gum from the hair.
- Then gently remove the gum from the hair.
Method 8 : Baby Oil
- Apply baby oil generously to the hair that has stuck gum.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Comb your hair with a toothbrush.
The toothbrush will also clean the gum particles left in your hair.
- Continue this process until you get rid of the gum in your hair.
- Then wash your hair with shampoo and rinse.