Making soap at home is not only fun but also beneficial. How To Easy has prepared the benefits of natural homemade soaps and two very easy soap recipes for you. Keep on reading to find out.
Benefits Of Usıng Natural Homemade Soap
- As you know, homemade soaps play a big role in cleansing the skin, although it depends on the content of the soap you choose.
- They cleanse the body of dirt quickly, especially since they are considered to be experts in oil dissolving.
- Natural soaps also help the body to quickly regulate the pH balance in the area where it is used.
- Although it is thought to dry out the skin, a properly prepared soap preserves the moisture balance of the body.
- Homemade soaps, when used in hair cleaning, strengthen the hair follicles and prevent hair loss.
- When used regularly, it gives vitality to the skin.
- Soaps prepared with natural oils such as olive oil soap make the hair more vibrant and radiant.
- Soaps with relaxing properties, such as lavender soap, reduce acne on the skin.
- 15 gr caustic soda (Since it is a dangerous substance, you should never contact your skin directly and use it in places where no one can reach, especially children.)
- 30 ml pure water
- 120 ml olive oil
- 10 ml Lavender oil
- Dried lavender flowers and leaves
Tools You Will Need:
- Glasses that can fully protect your eyes
- Hand blender
- Wooden spoon
- Medium glass bowl
- The molds you will use to shape soaps
How To Do?
First of all, make sure that the area where you will make soap gets plenty of air, never try to make soap in closed areas as you will use caustic. Put on your goggles, put on gloves and you’re ready to make soap.
Then take the glass bowl, pour the caustic soda into it. Add pure water over caustic soda and mix. While mixing, be careful not to splash around. When you are sure that the ingredients are well mixed, let them cool for a while. Smoke may rise from this mixture, this is quite normal, do not worry. However, in order not to breathe these rising fumes, be sure to do this in an open area.
Finally, take the pot and transfer the olive oil into it and put it on the stove. Heat the oil until it reaches 40 ° C and remove from heat. Add the caustic soda mixture into it and mix it with the help of a hand blender. When the mixture has a jelly-like consistency, add the lavender flowers and leaves dried with lavender oil and mix.
Take the mold into which you will pour the soap, put some lavender flowers in it, and then pour the mixture into it. Finally, sprinkle lavender flowers on top of the mixture and let it cool. If you wish, cover it with a towel-like cover and leave the mold in this way for 24 hours without moving it. Take your soap out of the mold after 1 day. Keep it this way for 1-2 months in a dry environment and then use it as you wish. That’s it!
IMPORTANT NOTE: We explained how to make lavender soap, and we underlined that caustic soda is a dangerous substance. Of course, not only lavender soap is made with this method described above. You can also make different soaps by using various oils such as cinnamon, rosemary, almond oil instead of lavender oil in the ingredients.
- Glycerin bar
- 5-6 drops olive oil
- 5-6 drops bay oil
How To Do?
Get glycerin bars that you can find at online shopping sites. Make sure that the glycerin bar is transparent to colorless. Then boil water in a saucepan and place a glass bowl on it, take the glycerin bar into this bowl and melt it in a bain-marie.
Add the bay oil into the melted glycerin bar and mix well with a wooden spoon. Then transfer it to the soap molds you will use and dry it for 1-2 days. Afterwards, wait for the soap to find the right consistency for about 1 month and use it. It’s that simple!